Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So long 2008, welcome 2009

Time really flies. People are getting older. Some are getting wiser, some have changed for the better, and some might stay the same.

2008 marks my second year being in KL after one year getting stuck in my hometown, trying to complete my pupilage. It was a compromise with my mom actually, one year in my hometown would give me a good excuse to move to KL right after I completed my pupilage. To be honest, one of the reasons that made me want to move to KL was to get myself involved in peaceful assembly. Dreams do come true. :P

2008 also marks my second year of involvement with GMI and series of campaigns that we have held for the year 2008. It has always been a good experience for me, to witness the effect of the ongoing campaigns, from 70 over detainees in early 2008 to 40 over left in Kamunting Camp in December 2008.According to Kak Laila, this showed that the campaigns have been effective. I'm happy to be among these strong, dedicated people in GMI, to be able to learn a lot of things from them. It always feels good to be treated like a little sister in the family and it always feels good that they have been so patient in putting up with my crazy antics particularly in times of distress.

2008 teaches me a lot of things on friendship, honesty, and sincerity. I realize that being all naive thinking that every one has a good intention is rather a wishful thinking. I realize that there are not many good people left in this world, good people are facing extinction I figure. So, all that we need to do is cherish those few good people around us. People who would stand by you in hard times, people who would be happy for you, people who would support you and people who would tell you what is the right thing to do. I’m glad to have these few good people around me. I truly am.

With so much love from my family and my good, close friends, 2008 indeed is gonna be remembered. I would like to ask for an apology for the wrongs that I’ve made. Happy New Year every one, let’s pray that we become a better person for the years ahead of us.

1 comment:

amicus curiae said...

Always with you, sahabat.