Thursday, July 10, 2008

Seriously, you gotta be kidding me!

I got to be in an inquiry proceeding this afternoon and seriously, I never thought that I’d be this close to witnessing people making fool out of themselves, standing and pointing fingers, making unnecessary or rather childish remarks, making serious allegations without supporting them with facts and having zero respect for the chairman. God, this is when I got to see professionalism literally going down the drain.

I was appalled. I felt like telling them off their faces on decorum, on second thought, why should I. they should know better, if experience or seniority is of important consideration. Mind you that they kept on chanting over and over again that they've been doing good deeds since dinosaurs’ time! But then again, I realized, to have a decent degree of self-respect and dignity, it’s neither the seniority nor the experience. It’s humility and wisdom.

Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them-Aristotle.




No comments: